10 Best Abs Workout for Women – Pro Instructions
In this article, we will talk about the 10 best free weight abs workout for women. These are indeed the best abdominal workouts for women.
Abdominal muscles workout is a must for all persons. Why?
Think about your money management. When you save some money after expenses, what do you do with it? You keep it in your bank. When you save some more money, you add it to your account. The more money you add, the fatter your bank balance becomes. – This is exactly how your body works with calories. Most of the times you intake more calories than you need. And the body transforms the extra calories to fat and stores it on your stomach. This process is like your money management system. The result is devastating. As much as it supplies the extra fats to other body parts like heart, it interferes with your movements. And, last but not least, your popped up stomach gives you a ridiculous look.
It is true that all persons can perform all abs workouts. Yet, there are some more suitable for women. The exercises we are introducing here are the best time time-saving exercises. Using this workouts, you can get the most within the shortest time period.
1. Abdominal Hold
This is a good workout for building six pack. You need a sturdy chair for this exercise.
- Step 1: Sit tall at the edge of the chair.
- Step 2: Place your hands beside two sides of your thighs.
- Step 3: Tighten your abs.
- Step 4: Rest on your toes and lift your heels up as far from the floor as you can.
- Step 5: Resting on the palms, lift your butt and feet off the floor by straightening hands. Make sure you are on the air and resting on your hands only.
- Step 6: Pull your knees towards your chest about 45 degrees.
- Step 7: Stay in this position as long as you can.
- Step 8: Lower yourself down. Rest for no more than 5 seconds. And repeat.
- Step 9: Do it for 2 minutes.
2. Side Crunch
It works on your obliques and glutes. It also aims your lower back and thighs. You need a smooth floor surface for this workout.
- Step 1: Kneel on the floor.
- Step 2: Lean all the way to your right side and rest on your right palm. Make sure your hand is straight. And your face is in natural position.
- Step 3: Place your left palm behind your head and throw the elbow straight up in the air towards the ceiling.
- Step 4: Extend your left leg as far as possible. Keep the heel in the air and res on the toe.
- Step 5: Start moving your left leg up and left hand towards the leg. Start moving your face o look over your hand. And start bending your rib cage towards the hip. Keep moving until the hand and leg align at the horizontal position and you look over the hand. Do it slow.
- Step 6: Now reverse to get back to the original position.
- Step 7: Repeat 6 to 8 times.
- Step 8: Now switch side and do the same.
- Step 9: Do at least 2 sets for each side.
The hundred shapes your abs and inner thighs. A smooth floor surface is all you need to perform this workout.
- Step 1: Lie down and fold your knees alike a tent.
- Step 2: Set your hands to your sides on the floor and position your palms facing down flat on the floor.
- Step 3: Do all these at the same time: Exhale. Raise your head and shoulders. Move your chin to your chest as close as possible. Raise your hands about 6-8 inches above the floor. And raise your legs.
- Step 4: Start pumping your hands fast 6 inches up and down.
- Step 5: Inhale for 5 pumps and exhale for 5 pumps.
- Step 6: Perform 100 pumps in 1 set.
- Step 7: perform 10 sets.
4. Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
This workout helps you build your abs and butt. This is a floor workout.
- Step 1: Position on your hands and knees, shaping like a bench.
- Step 2: Lift your left arm to shoulder height and right leg to hip height.
- Step 3: Hold for 5 seconds.
- Step 4: Return to Step 1 position.
- Step 5: Do the same with your right arm and left leg.
- Step 6: Perform 20 sets.
5. Prone Plank
The Prone Plank targets your abs and chest. You need a smooth floor surface.
- Step 1: Position on your hands and knees, shaping like a bench.
- Step 2: Lift your hip up and stretch your legs as far as possible.
- Step 3: Keep your head aligned with spine.
- Step 4: Rest on your toes.
- Step 5: Stay in that position for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Step 6: Perform 10 sets.
6. Squat Thrust with Twist
Obliques, chest, shoulders, thigh, and butt are the target of this exercise. You need a 4 square feet platform to stand.
- Step 1: Stand on your feet. Move your feet apart to the side at shoulder level.
- Step 2: Raise your hands in your front and hold your one hand’s fingers by other hand. The position is like you are wrapping someone around.
- Step 3: Squat down bending your knees 90 degrees.
- Step 4: Twist your upper body to left.
- Step 5: Return.
- Step 6: Make sure your chest and shoulders move to the side.
- Step 7: Do the same towards the right side.
- Step 8: Both sides together make 1 rep.
- Step 9: Do 10 sets of 10 reps.
7. Climb Up
This is good for six pack and deep abs. It works on the abs around. You need a 6 feet long scarf and a smooth floor.
- Step 1: Sit down and fold your knees.
- Step 2: Wrap the scarf under the dent of your right foot.
- Step 3: Place your foot flat on the floor and lie down.
- Step 4: Hold both ends of the scarf and raise your right leg.
- Step 5: Use your leg like a pull up bar and use the scarf like a pull up rope.
- Step 6: Keep your leg straight and start climbing up the scarf slow. At the same time, lift your head and shoulders.
- Step 7: As you climb up at the highest position, stay there for 3 seconds. Climb back down to your original position and stay there for 3 seconds. Do it 2 times.
- Step 8: Do the same with your left leg.
- Step 9: Perform 10 sets.
8. Ballet Twist
The Ballet twist works on your obliques, six pack, and deep abs. This is another floor based workout.
- Step 1: Sit on the floor and extend your legs all the way.
- Step 2: Lean back from your hip 45 degrees. And keep your abs engaged.
- Step 3: Bring your both hands over head like a ballerina.
- Step 4: In slow motion, twist your torso to the right and place your right arm on the floor. Keep your left hand overhead like reaching for something.
- Step 5: Stay there for 3 seconds and return to the original position.
- Step 6: Do the same at your left side.
- Step 7: Perform 50 sets.
9. Single-Leg Stretch
It is a good workout for abs and obliques. You room floor is all you need to perform this workout.
- Step 1: Lie down on the floor. And fold your legs at the knees like a tent.
- Step 2: Lift your head and bring your chin towards chest as close as possible. And place your hands on your sides on the floor.
- Step 3: Keep your legs straight and lift them, heels about 6 inches up from the floor.
- Step 4: Do these at the same time: Inhale. Pull your left knee up above your chest. Use your right hand to hold and press the knee towards your body. And use your left hand to hold the ankle.
- Step 5: Release the left leg and do the same with right leg.
- Step 6: Perform 10 sets of 10 reps.
you can use the Cobra to work on your core and back. The last one is a floor based workout also.
- Step 1: Lie on your stomach on the floor and face down.
- Step 2: Move your palms next to your waist and place them flat on the floor.
- Step 3: Keep your hip attached to the floor and use your palms to push your upper body up.
- Step 4: Bend like an arch as far as you can.
- Step 5: Stay there for 3 seconds. And return.
- Step 6: Do it for 10 times.
- Step 7: Perform 10 reps of 10 sets.
You already know that abdominal workout is a mandatory workout for all. In this article, our target performers are women. And we have presented 10 free weight workouts. We have numbered them from 1 to 10. But the numbering does not reflect any rank. You need all these workouts to work on your entire midsection. These are short timing exercises but they will give you fantastic result. But you don’t have perform all every day. You can break them down and make groups as you please. And perform them over a week. Thus, you can make a routine workable for you.